This Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is made with fresh herbs, tangy buttermilk and yogurt, and just enough mayo to make it craveably dippable!
Making your own salad dressings is fast and easy, and never fails to impress. Once you start making your own, you’ll find it very difficult to spend money on store bought versions.
This Buttermilk Ranch Dressing can be modified using low fat versions of any of the dairy components, but for consistency and flavor, I’d recommend using at least one of them at Full Fat-Full Throttle. It’s a salad - aren’t you already behaving yourself?
As always, I recommend proper mise en place, or getting all your ingredients together before you start. In a pinch, any of the fresh herbs can be substituted with dry herbs, just use 1 tablespoon instead of 3 and allow time for the herbs to rehydrate before serving.
More refreshing salad ideas
- Greek Salad with Herb Marinated Feta
- Mexican Caesar Salad
- BLT Panzanella Salad with Tomato-Bacon Vinaigrette
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup mayonnaise
- ½ Cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ Cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped dill
- 3 tablespoon Finely chopped chives
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. That’s all there is to it. Pour into a resealable container, such as a large mason jar, and refrigerate.
- Pour over your favorite salad, drizzle over pizza (I hear people do that 🤷🏻♀️), or use as a dip for fancy crudités. The dressing will last up to one week in the refrigerator.
The nutritional and caloric information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It does not assert or suggest that readers should or should not count calories, and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s or doctor’s counseling.