Salty, sweet, and crispy, Everything Seasoned Bacon is destined to become the only way you'll want to eat bacon!
There's not much labor to this recipe, but so much to love about the flavor. Since the first time I made Everything-Seasoned Bacon, it has become the go-to bacon in our house. Salty from the bacon and the everything seasoning and sweet from the maple syrup glaze, this bacon has, well... everything! The Boy wants it on burgers, in BLTs, and on the side of all the breakfast stuff, because It. Is. Everything!
You can, of course, buy Everything Bagel Seasoning at your local Hipster Joe's. That's fine. But there's something quite satisfying about making something yourself, especially if you'll be using it a lot. And you will! A note about my Everything Bagel Seasoning: my recipe makes quite a bit, but I haven't found that to be a problem. So, mix it up, put it in a mason jar, and keep it close at hand!
More meaty breakfast
- Freshly Ground Breakfast Sausage
- Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Ham and Swiss Buttermilk Biscuits
Everything Seasoned Bacon
Everything Bagel Seasoning (This makes a lot, but you'll want it for "Everything"!)
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon black sesame seeds (use more white seeds if you can't find black)
- 3 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 3 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
The Meat and The Sweet
- 1 lb thick cut bacon (trust me here and use thick cut bacon, not thin. It gives the seasoning something to really hang on to!)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup (do not use "pancake syrup", which is just colored and flavored corn syrup. Yuck.)
Making the Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Mix "everything seasoning" ingredients in a bowl. Done. Good job!
- Preheat oven to 400° Line a large sheet pan with nonstick sprayed parshment paper. This will be the landing zone for your finished bacon. It's sticky, so don't forget to spray the paper.Line another large sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place a baking rack in the sheet pan and spray that with nonstick spray as well. Lay the bacon in a single layer on the rack. Brush lightly with Maple syrup. The syrup will candy the bacon, and the sweetness will play a great counterpoint to the saltiness of the bacon and the seasoning.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip the bacon. There has probably been some shrinkage by now, so you can move things around a bit to give each slice some space. Brush the second side with a light coating of Maple Syrup, and sprinkle the bacon well with your Everything Seasoning. Place back into oven for another 10-15 minutes or until nicely browned. Don't over bake, because both the syrup and the seasoning are prone to burning if not watched carefully at the end. Check in 10 minutes to be on the safe side.
- Remove bacon from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before placing on a platter with parchment paper to cool some more. It's a bit sticky, so you don't want to leave it on the tray too long.That's it. Delicious Everything-Seasoned Bacon ready to play a leading roll in any number of dishes. This is sure to become a constant in your diet! You're welcome!
The nutritional and caloric information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It does not assert or suggest that readers should or should not count calories, and should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s or doctor’s counseling.
This is a fabulous recipe and addictive! Make double because you will eat half of it before it gets to the table! Yum yum yum
Yay! I’m glad you loved it!